The Network Admin is responsible for the networks of a variety of clients of an IT Managed Services firm. The Network Admin will work as part of a small team, where the other members have different IT specialties. The Network Admin will maintain and administer computer systems and environments, diagnose problems, and recommend and implement solutions to those problems. The Network Admin will research and design systems with network and data security in mind and monitor network performance and make adjustments as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide leadership and support to less experienced team members
- Solve problems with networks, servers, routers, phones and any other devices in the IT environment
- Manage IT equipment following current best practices to minimize and prevent problems
- Install, configure and maintain network environments across many different vendors, including, but not limited to switches, routers, wireless, VPN and firewall devices at local and remote locations.
- Ensure the security and operational effectiveness of network elements.
- Assess network capacity needs and issues and enhancements to improve network
- Leverage monitoring tools to continuously monitor the network and stay ahead of future issues
- Maintain client networks and provide daily network support
- Drive the implementation and governance of network security controls within client environments, monitoring, remote access, network segmentation
- Develop security strategy and standards and drive the implementation within client environments
- Provide customer support to troubleshoot and resolve end user, device, phone, network and server problems
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ years of experience working as a System Admin, Network Admin or similar role
- Experience providing customer support
Apply For Position
What we do
Southeastern Technical is an MSP/MSSP who works with corporate customers in a variety of corporate environments. We have a fun, highly-skilled team that does not utilize tiered support levels, so any applicant can be expected to become highly-skilled and cross-trained in every discipline and to become a truly exceptional technician with emphasis on corporate networking and security.